In these conditions:
“owner” means owner of the skip
“customer” means persons hiring the skip
“vehicle” means the vehicle which is delivering or collecting the skip which is the subject of the contract
“driver” means the driver of the vehicle
“the site” means the place where the skip is deposited on the directions of the customer.
The Owner enters into the agreements for the hire of skips and disposal of contents upon the following conditions:
1) No agent or employee of the Owner is permitted to alter or to vary these conditions in any way or to give any consent there under unless he is authorised in writing by the owner so to do.
2) The owner will use his best endeavours to comply with the customers' requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying or collecting skips which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond the Owner’s control or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions or by any act or neglect on the part of the customer.
3) Customer requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting skips to leave the road shall reimburse Handy Skips in full in respect of any loss, costs, claims, damage or expenses we may thereby sustain whether it is a result of damage to the vehicle, to the skip or to the property of the customer or third party including damage to the road, margins and pavement.
4) The customer shall not move the skip from the site without consent of the Owner neither shall the skip be moved from its place of delivery.
5) The time allowed for depositing or picking up a skip is ten minutes, if the vehicle is kept waiting any longer than this after arrival at site the customer shall be liable for reasonable demurrage.
6) The customer shall also fully indemnify Handy Skips, in respect of any claim for injuries to persons or property arising out of the use of the skips whilst on hire to them howsoever the same may be caused to arise and in particular the customer undertakes:
(a) Not to place any tyres, fridges, electrical equipment, asbestos, oils, grease, paints, toxic waste or liquid cement/concrete in skips.
(b) To ensure skips are not filled above the level of the sides, no materials are left on the floor around where skip is placed.
(c) To pay all the extra expenses and costs including possibly a new container which may result from non-observance of the above.
7) Two clear working days’ notice is required to terminate the hire of the skip.
8) Unless specifically otherwise agreed in writing, the customer shall themselves provide marker cones by day and cones plus yellow lights on the container during the hours of darkness as required by the Highways Act 1980 if the same is placed on the Highway, or anywhere else where damage to property or injury to third parties is reasonably foreseeable.
9) The customer undertakes to fill the skip within the period of the license granted under the Highways Act, and to give Handy Skips such notice of its readiness for collection.
10) The customer must ensure the safe loading of the materials into the skip. Only materials placed safely in the skip will become the responsibility of Handy Skips on collection. Ownership of the contents of any skip shall only pass to Handy Skips upon receipt of full payment unless otherwise agreed.
11) In the event of the Highways Authority or the police exercising their powers to, or to cause to, light, move or remove the skip during the period of hire, the customer acknowledges that he is responsible for all costs thereby incurred.
12) During the continuance of the hire period, the customer shall make good to the owner all loss of or any damage to the skips from whatever cause the same may arise, fair wear and tear excepted and shall also fully indemnify the Owner in respect of all claims by any person whatsoever for injury to person or property caused by or in connection with or arising out of the use of the skips and in respect of all costs and charges in connection therewith whether arising under statue or common law. In the event of loss of or damage to skips, hire charges shall be continued until settlement has been effected.